- Driver’s license or other Government Issues Photo ID
- Treaty Number (if applicable)
- Health Care Card
- Health Insurance / Prescription card (if available)
We encourage you to dress comfortably and casually. Clothing should not be overly revealing, and shoes should be comfortable for walks or outings. You will not need to pack for all 30-60 days of treatment, as there are washers and dryers available for regular use.
- Jeans and Full-Length Shorts
- Blouses and T-Shirts
- Running Shoes
- Sportswear for Recreational or Fitness Activities
- Pyjamas, Robe and Slippers
Clothing which can be layered is helpful to be comfortable, seasonally appropriate, and outdoor activity clothes. We encourage you to come prepared with several seasonal clothing options (i.e. umbrella and raincoat, lightweight jacket, sweater, heavier jacket for winter months, sunglasses, hats, etc.)
What To Leave at Home
For the safety and confidentiality of other participants, please do not bring the following items:
- Disposable or safety razors
- Electronic Devices (Cell Phones, Computers, TVs, Tablety devices, DVD Players)
- Fashion, Tabloid or Diet Magazines
- Weapons or Firearms
- Expensive Jewellery of other Valuables
- Clothing that Depicts Alcohol, Drugs, Sex or Violence
- Products Containing Alcohol (mouthwash, hairspray, breath spray, astringent, etc.)
- Acetone-Based Products or Aerosol-Spray Products
- No hair dye
- Vaping devices or chewing tobacco
- Candles or incense
- Energy drinks
- Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
Certain items are permitted to be brought to treatment, however, the participant will have restricted access. The items will be held with the nursing station and made available upon reasonable request.
- Nail clippers
- Nail polish remover
- Protein powder or workout supplements
- Clothing cannot be revealing or inappropriate (questionable apparel will be determined at the discretion of staff).
- Shirts must meet the waistband of pants. No exposed midriffs. Shirts may not show excessive cleavage.
- See-through clothing must be worn with appropriate undershirts. Visible underwear is not appropriate
- Shorts must be mid-thigh or longer when standing
- No clothing with alcohol, drug, sex or gang themes, terms or innuendos.
- Pants must cover hips. No underwear showing. No sagging pants.
- Hard-soled shoes are to be worn at all times in the centre. Shoes must be worn at all times outside the building.
- Sleeping attire may not be worn outside the bedroom.
- Leggings may only be worn if appropriately covered by shirts that fall below the buttocks.
- Gym attire must follow all of the above-mentioned rules: shoes, appropriate length shorts & shirts.
- Any other clothing that is not specifically mentioned in these rules but is deemed inappropriate by staff must be changed.
- Sunglasses should be worn outside only.
All personal toiletries must be in their new original sealed containers. Emery boards are preferred but nail files or clippers may be brought and will be locked in an assigned locked box when not being used. Clients may bring their own;
- electric/battery-operated razors.
- Feminine Products
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Body Soap and Face Soap
- Deodorant, Lotion, and Sunscreen
- Make-up (one small bag)
- Hairdryer and Hair Styling Products
- Mouthwash (can not contain alcohol)
Participants are encouraged to bring personal items that may provide them with additional comfort.
- Weather appropriate clothing including outdoor wear
- Books and crossword puzzles
- Diary or writing journals
- MP3 player (must not have sim card or picture taking capability)
- Favourite pillow or blankets
- Favourite comfort toys or items (blanket etc.)
- 2-3 favourite books
- Any other reasonable items that you feel will help give you comfort and support during your journey of recovery
If you are unsure as to whether any particular item is appropriate or permitted, we invite you to call us at 1-855-905-4437